Monday, June 28, 2010

My Turbo Jam Journey

Over the last couple of weeks I have heard a ton of people say - Wow, look at you right back down to your small size again and your baby is only 1!!! HOW did you do it? In all honesty, I owe my success to my Beachbody Coach - Mindy Wender who is an amazing motivator and totally inspires me to reach higher and do more, and Chalene Johnson, the fitness Goddess of Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick, ChaLEAN Extreme, Hip Hop Hustle, Piyo, and the new and butt kicking Turbo Fire. Chalene is unbelievably motivating. I've only really had to give her a "grrrr" during a workout since starting Turbo Fire ((YES IT'S THAT INTENSE!!!)). She is so uplifting and full of energy that it only spreads through my TV to me while working out WITH her. I started Turbo Jam on July 26, 2009 and I was 140 pounds (6 weeks after having my baby girl). I needed to get back in shape. I had weight left over from pregnancy with my son 3 years prior to that. I knew that I had a small frame and I knew that any excess weight was all fat and that it needed to go away. I knew that I had every ability to be fit and in shape again. This is me the first week of Turbo Fire.





I started working out with Turbo Jam and i was LOVING it. I got to the point where I was telling everyone that I knew that they HAD to try Turbo Jam and how it was changing my life!!! Yes, literally changing my life. I was losing weight consistently I was feeling fit and in shape and most of all, I was energized and LOVED what I was doing! After Christmas I sat and realized I had hit a sort of plateau and couldn't really figure out why. But then it was clear as day, I was still eating whatever I wanted. I kept forgetting that I wasn't 16 anymore and wasn't able to go eat a double cheeseburger, fries, and a coke and continue on everyday like it was nothing. I got serious about watching what I was eating, cut out soda and left it at a "treat" like once a week and started drinking a TON of water. There my weight started falling off again at a pretty regular pace. I had given myself a goal weight of 115 lbs and on May 5, 2010 I had officially hit my goal and I was ecstatic!!! I decided that I needed to start making my health my number one concern, if not only for me, but for my family as well! I am a much happier person and I feel a better mom because Turbo is my mood regulator. When i'm feeling stressed or overworked, I push play and let it all come out with Chalene. This is me the first week of May.





I feel amazing.. I am now at 108 pounds and my body fat is at 23.8% - my stats are: Aug 09 / June 10
Lbs - 140/108
Waist - 38"/32"
Chest - 36"/33"
Hips - 35"/32"

I am currently doing the Hybrid Schedule of ChaLEAN Extreme (because "MUSCLE BURNS FAT") and Turbo Fire to tone EVERYTHING. I want to be tone and lean and I will stick with Turbo to do that!!! My nutrition is supplemented and assisted with my newest addiction - Shakeology (seriously so delicious). I am also now a Beachbody Coach myself and am loving EVERY minute of it! Becoming a coach has helped me in so many ways STICK with my goals and push myself that much harder. It keeps me accountable for my own health and fitness and I cannot wait until someone shares a story like mine with me and I know that I was able to help them reach their goals and feel fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment